Sunday 18 August 2013

Win a £35 crafting shopping spree


Hello all you craft Peeps, time for some mid month inspiration and the continuation of our desert island crafting where this month Lynn finds herself marooned. And a little reminder that we have a fabulous prize on offer this month from our lovely sponsor Crafty Devils with an opportunity to win a £35 shopping spree at their on line store.


Lynne has made another lovely card to inspire us all which of course has a beautiful butterfly................


I had to think long and hard about which items to take to my desert island! I tend to use quite a variety of materials and techniques in my crafting, so trying to choose just six items was very difficult. However, these are what I decided upon:


1) Colouring medium: (we are allowed 5 colours). Distress Ink Refills - Salty Ocean, Mustard Seed, Bundled Sage, Picked Raspberry, Shaded Lilac. I've gone for the refills rather than the inkpads as they would be more versatile. I could stamp with them, paint with them in various dilutions, and mix them to make other colours.

2) Craft knife. The one essential item I couldn't be without! I use one daily. It would also be very practical on a desert island, as it could be used for all sorts of things besides crafting! (But please can it include an endless supply of spare blades too, Brenda??!)

3) Metal ruler. Again, an essential item! For measuring, and cutting along with the knife.

4) Water brush. To do my colouring with. Could be used wet or dry.

5) Set of butterfly stamps: Would have to have some butterflies! Don't mind which, as long as they are not cute!

6) Set of permanent ink drawing pens: I'd use my time on the island to learn how to draw! Then I could make a variety of cards, not just butterflies! I could sketch scenes on the island, flowers, etc.  do Zentangle, pen and wash pictures, and because the ink would be waterproof, I could write a message and send it off in a bottle for someone to find and rescue me. On the other hand, with the sun, sea and sand, endless time to craft, and no housework, I might just decide to stay there!

It occurs to me that it would be an interesting exercise to see just what we could do with our six items. Thought filed at the back of my mind for future reference!

Along with the above we are allowed 50 sheets of card. I would want them all to be white, as I could colour any I wanted with the Distress ink refills. Hmm. 50 sheets would not last very long. Maybe I'd better be rescued after all!

Thanks for sharing Lynn, I hope everyone finds the little insight into your crafting essentials as fascinating as I do. A couple of things need clarifying, yes you can have extra blades, if we let you have a brand new knife it should come with a tub of spares as well. But as for being rescued well I'm not sure about that as I am saving Captain Jack Sparrow for when I find myself on that island paradise.

Happy Crafting everyone and don't forget there is still plenty of time to join in with this months theme.

4 comments:

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Gorgeous card,
thanks for your visit and your sweet comment on my blog
hugs Tamara

AnyOldCraft said...

Beautiful card and fabulous colours :)

Sally H said...

A gorgeous card, Lynne

ang said...

I also think it would be a good idea to see what the shipwrecked crafters come up with just using their 6 items angxx